Monday, May 9, 2016

Arriving in Russia.

It's a long story, so I will start at the beginning of it.

We left London at 11:50 A.M. (London time) on Saturday .Our flight was 4 hours.It felt like forever, though.Anyway, four hours later we landed  in Moscow, Russia and waited for the next airplane to Kemerovo, which is in Siberia, very close to China and Mongolia.Did you know Kemerovo in Russian is spelled like this;Кемерово? Well it is.😂 

Later we found out our flight was delayed again - for 3 hours!So instead of waiting three hours, we waited 6 hours. The flight was four hours long and very bumpy. They had only Russian food  and Russian magazines on the plane. 

When we landed, it was 6 in the morning there. We  got off the plane and a little bus drove us from the runway to the airport building. My sister and I got our bags and waited for somebody to come pick us up and take us to our "hotel". 

Honestly it's not what I imagined.I imagined something fancy.It was the total opposite from fancy though.We had a surprise at the airport that I forgot to mention.My sister's older sister was waiting behind us and we didn't even see her! And she brought her little daughter Sasha, and my mom's friends were there too. Everyone was hugging and talking in Russian. But my mom's friend Polina came and hugged me and welcomed me in English. Anyway we are at the "hotel" right now and it is nine o'clock and we are just relaxing. We are all confused because of the time change. It is eleven hours ahead of Marblehead!  I will write more about Kemerovo when I get some sleep!

2 comments:

  1. So glad you're safely there after a long day of travel. Enjoy your stay!

    Did you fly Aeroflot? We love Aeroflot! We especially love the way everyone claps after landing. (And, for international flights to Russia, I think they have the best seats and the best kids club.)

    ReplyDelete